- How We Help
- Get Involved
News & Events
- How We Help
- Get Involved
- News & Events
- Page Not Found
- Form - Final
- Blog Rss Feed
- Here's What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- And The Nominees Are.....
- How You Can be an Advocate for Student Mental Health in Your Community!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2018 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Award Winners!
- How VITA is helping hard working tax payers receive more on their tax returns
- Register for the 2018 35 Under 35 Celebration Ceremony on June 7
- A Lesson In Leadership
- United Way's 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Celebrates 10 Years
- UNITED for Child Care Training Event Materials
- Gobble It Up Pre-Orders OPEN!
- Story Squad: Kid's Storytime with United Way
- Eggs & Issues: The State of Local Child Care & Its Impact on Workforce Development
- Join us for the 2018 United Way Kick Off Event!
- 2019 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Applications Now Available!
- 2018 Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction
- 35 Women With One Thing In Common, A Desire to Make A Difference: United Way's 35 Under 35 Program
- Are You Up for the (Social Media) Challenge!?
- 2018 LIVE UNITED T-shirt & UNITED Acts of Kindness Day
- 2018 Campaign Video: I Wish My Teacher Knew
- A Song to Say Thank You
- Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction Raffle WINNERS
- UNITED for Student Mental Health - Mental Health Services Expanded to 6 Rural Schools in ND
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- Nominate YOUR Organization for LIVE UNITED Leader of the Year!
- Join us to Recognize Generosity in Our Community!
- And The Nominees Are...
- United Way of Cass-Clay: James' Story
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Awards Winners!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2019 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Community Collaborations: United Way Receives Presidents' Award for Community Partner
- Women UNITE to Share a Love of Learning
- Help Encourage Kids to Succeed on Their First Day of School
- The Route to Removing Barriers for Employment - United Way Helps Expand Transportation Services
- Pre Order Info for Hornbacher's Gobble It Up for United Way $5 Lunch
- A Backpacks Impact: The United Way School Supply Drive
- Will You Accept the Women UNITED Challenge?!
- Register now for the 2019 Kick Off Event on September 18
- Home For Good: Give Now to Help Welcome Families Home - For Good.
- Community Kickoff Event
- Location Unveiled for the Future Home of United Way of Cass-Clay
- 2021 Women UNITED Golf Scramble
- Hornbacher’s Gobble It Up for United Way
- Watch the Community Kickoff Event
- Roers Chili Feed – Get your Cup of Chili Sept 15-29
- Taking Action to Help Families in Need - How the Coronavirus Response Fund is Helping
- United Way moving Dec. 18
- Our New Location: What You Need to Know
- Reaching Out: A space to serve our region for generations.
- LIVE UNITED Awards & Annual Meeting on March 25 – Join the Virtual Watch Party
- United Way is on AmazonSmile - a percent of your purchase can help families locally
- Home for Good Baskets Provide Hope
- 35 Under 35 Women’s Leadership Program Celebration
- Choice Bank’s Commitment to Preventing Homelessness
- School Supply Drive - Donate
- School Supply Drive - Distribution
- Host Your Own Virtual Drive
- Unconscious Bias: Understanding Bias to Unleash Potential™ presented by Emerging Leaders
October 22, 2020
Taking Action to Help Families in Need - How the Coronavirus Response Fund is Helping
The power of community matters so much in times like these. United Way works to help our community every day — and especially in times of challenge. Thanks to you, we were able to launch a Coronavirus Response Fund and help unite partners, volunteers, and donors to ensure our community thrives, and to help our neighbors who are most in need in Cass and Clay Counties.
We believe in the strategies and programs we provide in our community, and we know the recent events mean even more of our neighbors will need help. We are so thankful for the individuals and businesses who stepped forward to give.
Because of you, families in our community have a warm and safe home, kids have a place to learn, and more people have food to eat. Together, we are providing help to those who need it most. That is the meaning of LIVE UNITED.
Our United Way Coronavirus Response Fund helped moms like Carla.
Carla is a mom in our community who lives with her 8-year-old daughter, Jada. Earlier this year, Carla was diagnosed with cancer and needed surgery and extensive treatment in Minneapolis. As she traveled for her care, Carla was unable to work and lost her job. Because of Carla’s compromised immunity and the pandemic, her doctor will not sign off for her to return to work, as it isn’t safe.
The family has been through so much, so it was devastating when they received an eviction notice for unpaid rent. In addition to trying to recover from cancer, Carla was desperate and fearful of losing her home and was at risk of being homeless. Jada wondered if she was going to lose her mom to cancer, and now was wondering if she was going to love her mom, and her home, too. That’s where the new model’s Housing Stability Specialist came in.
Thanks to people like you who gave to the Coronavirus Response Fund, Carla was able to connect with Sarah, a Housing Stability Specialist made possible by United Way of Cass-Clay. This trained and caring individual worked closely with Carla’s property manager to provide rent assistance to give time for Carla to recover, and stop the eviction process. Carla’s fears of losing her apartment and being homeless with her daughter melted away. Carla and Jada never had to enter a homeless shelter. Because Carla had the right specialist at the right time, she and her daughter avoided homelessness.
Today, Carla continues to receive cancer treatment but is showing progress and results. With the fear of becoming homeless behind her, Carla feels hopeful that she will have time to recover, return to work safely, and be able to just focus on being Jada’s mom again.
Together as a community, we can prevent families like Carla’s from ever having to experience the trauma of being homeless. We can unite and ensure our community thrives during these challenging times. This is possible when you give to the Coronavirus Response Fund. Thank you for giving - it has a tremendous impact on families like Carla's and so many more people across our community.
Learn more about the Coronavirus Response Fund.Download Download Download