January 28, 2014

It’s tax time! What you need to know about preparing your tax return with your gift to United Way

It’s the time of year again—tax time!

We are so appreciative of your gifts to United Way of Cass-Clay and want to help in any way that we can to make this a smooth experience for you.

Here are a few guidelines regarding United Way of Cass-Clay procedures relating to tax receipts:
• Gifts of $250 or more:
United Way of Cass-Clay provides receipts for gifts totaling $250 or more. For gifts made in the 2013 calendar year, receipts were mailed on January 28, 2014.

• Gifts less than $250:
The IRS does not require a written acknowledgement for contributions less than $250. The donor is able to claim a charitable contribution using a credit card receipt or canceled check.

• Gifts made via payroll deduction:
United Way of Cass-Clay does not issue receipts for gifts made via payroll deduction.  When preparing your tax return for 2013, according to the IRS, donors may use a pay stub, form W-2 or other document furnished by the employer to substantiate their donation.

• To request a receipt, please email Brianna Hile at United Way at bhile@unitedwaycassclay.org. 

• For any questions or additional assistance, please contact Summer Hanson, Director of Finance & Administration, at shanson@unitedwaycassclay.org or 701-237-5050.

Thank you for your generous pledge to United Way of Cass-Clay. Because of your support, United Way is able to continue to help local people by researching and investing in solutions to community issues such as education, hunger, homelessness, mental health, child care and more.

You can read more about our work here on our blog!

Tax_deducation_blog_image.jpg Download Preparing_your_2013_tax_return.jpg Download Taxes_image.jpg Download