- How We Help
- Get Involved
News & Events
- How We Help
- Get Involved
- News & Events
- Page Not Found
- Form - Final
- Blog Rss Feed
- Here's What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- And The Nominees Are.....
- How You Can be an Advocate for Student Mental Health in Your Community!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2018 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Award Winners!
- How VITA is helping hard working tax payers receive more on their tax returns
- Register for the 2018 35 Under 35 Celebration Ceremony on June 7
- A Lesson In Leadership
- United Way's 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Celebrates 10 Years
- UNITED for Child Care Training Event Materials
- Gobble It Up Pre-Orders OPEN!
- Story Squad: Kid's Storytime with United Way
- Eggs & Issues: The State of Local Child Care & Its Impact on Workforce Development
- Join us for the 2018 United Way Kick Off Event!
- 2019 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Applications Now Available!
- 2018 Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction
- 35 Women With One Thing In Common, A Desire to Make A Difference: United Way's 35 Under 35 Program
- Are You Up for the (Social Media) Challenge!?
- 2018 LIVE UNITED T-shirt & UNITED Acts of Kindness Day
- 2018 Campaign Video: I Wish My Teacher Knew
- A Song to Say Thank You
- Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction Raffle WINNERS
- UNITED for Student Mental Health - Mental Health Services Expanded to 6 Rural Schools in ND
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- Nominate YOUR Organization for LIVE UNITED Leader of the Year!
- Join us to Recognize Generosity in Our Community!
- And The Nominees Are...
- United Way of Cass-Clay: James' Story
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Awards Winners!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2019 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Community Collaborations: United Way Receives Presidents' Award for Community Partner
- Women UNITE to Share a Love of Learning
- Help Encourage Kids to Succeed on Their First Day of School
- The Route to Removing Barriers for Employment - United Way Helps Expand Transportation Services
- Pre Order Info for Hornbacher's Gobble It Up for United Way $5 Lunch
- A Backpacks Impact: The United Way School Supply Drive
- Will You Accept the Women UNITED Challenge?!
- Register now for the 2019 Kick Off Event on September 18
- Home For Good: Give Now to Help Welcome Families Home - For Good.
- Community Kickoff Event
- Location Unveiled for the Future Home of United Way of Cass-Clay
- 2021 Women UNITED Golf Scramble
- Hornbacher’s Gobble It Up for United Way
- Watch the Community Kickoff Event
- Roers Chili Feed – Get your Cup of Chili Sept 15-29
- United Way moving Dec. 18
- Our New Location: What You Need to Know
- Reaching Out: A space to serve our region for generations.
- LIVE UNITED Awards & Annual Meeting on March 25 – Join the Virtual Watch Party
- United Way is on AmazonSmile - a percent of your purchase can help families locally
- Home for Good Baskets Provide Hope
- 35 Under 35 Women’s Leadership Program Celebration
- Choice Bank’s Commitment to Preventing Homelessness
- School Supply Drive - Donate
- School Supply Drive - Distribution
- Host Your Own Virtual Drive
- Unconscious Bias: Understanding Bias to Unleash Potential™ presented by Emerging Leaders
- A special Leaders in Giving event – Join us for a Tour & Volunteer Activity
March 24, 2021
Home for Good Baskets Provide Hope
After living at a local homeless shelter for four months, Sharla and her family moved into an apartment of their own. Sharla arrived at her new apartment with a mix of emotions. She was excited and grateful to have an apartment, but nervous, afraid and embarrassed as she knew she would be walking through the door of her new home with just a few items, and certainly not enough to create a comfortable and functioning home for her family. Everything they owned was packed in a few boxes, and although the homeless shelter was able to store what little possessions they had while they got back on their feet, she worried about not having the basics to set up a home for her and her kids to live and thrive.
What would they use to make dinner in their new kitchen? Would her kids have towels and bathroom supplies to get ready for school? What about cleaning supplies? What about sheets and pillows to sleep at night?
The day Sharla and her family moved into their new home, a United Way Home for Good basket was waiting for them on their front step. When she brought it inside and stood in her empty living room with her daughter still in her car seat beside her, tears of relief and gratitude welled up in her eyes as she unpacked the box full of so many basic household supplies. Her ten-year-old daughter pulled out the kitchen cups and utensils and smiled as she talked about how excited she was to make dinner that night in their new home. Sharla’s five-year-old son zoomed down the hall to check out his new bedroom, and Sharla breathed a sigh of relief when she saw the set of sheets, knowing her son would have a warm clean bed to sleep in that night.
Thanks to United Way and our generous donors, Sharla could focus on being a mom to her kids and building their new life. “This means a lot to us. It is life-changing to move into this place and have the things that we need for our family. Thank you so much!”
It’s moments like these that the power of community comes to life. As a United Way donor, you make moments like these possible. You are part of Sharla’s story, and the difference you make will be felt by Sharla and her kids for years to come. You gave them hope. You gave them a fresh start toward a new life. You gave a mom the opportunity to build a better life and future for her family.
To make a donation to Home for Good, you can give online now.Download Download Download