- How We Help
- Get Involved
News & Events
- How We Help
- Get Involved
- News & Events
- Page Not Found
- Form - Final
- Blog Rss Feed
- Here's What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- And The Nominees Are.....
- How You Can be an Advocate for Student Mental Health in Your Community!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2018 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Award Winners!
- How VITA is helping hard working tax payers receive more on their tax returns
- Register for the 2018 35 Under 35 Celebration Ceremony on June 7
- A Lesson In Leadership
- United Way's 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Celebrates 10 Years
- UNITED for Child Care Training Event Materials
- Gobble It Up Pre-Orders OPEN!
- Story Squad: Kid's Storytime with United Way
- Eggs & Issues: The State of Local Child Care & Its Impact on Workforce Development
- Join us for the 2018 United Way Kick Off Event!
- 2019 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Applications Now Available!
- 2018 Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction
- 35 Women With One Thing In Common, A Desire to Make A Difference: United Way's 35 Under 35 Program
- Are You Up for the (Social Media) Challenge!?
- 2018 LIVE UNITED T-shirt & UNITED Acts of Kindness Day
- 2018 Campaign Video: I Wish My Teacher Knew
- A Song to Say Thank You
- Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction Raffle WINNERS
- UNITED for Student Mental Health - Mental Health Services Expanded to 6 Rural Schools in ND
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- Nominate YOUR Organization for LIVE UNITED Leader of the Year!
- Join us to Recognize Generosity in Our Community!
- And The Nominees Are...
- United Way of Cass-Clay: James' Story
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Awards Winners!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2019 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Community Collaborations: United Way Receives Presidents' Award for Community Partner
- Women UNITE to Share a Love of Learning
- Help Encourage Kids to Succeed on Their First Day of School
- The Route to Removing Barriers for Employment - United Way Helps Expand Transportation Services
- Pre Order Info for Hornbacher's Gobble It Up for United Way $5 Lunch
- A Backpacks Impact: The United Way School Supply Drive
- Will You Accept the Women UNITED Challenge?!
- Register now for the 2019 Kick Off Event on September 18
- Home For Good: Give Now to Help Welcome Families Home - For Good.
- Community Kickoff Event
- Location Unveiled for the Future Home of United Way of Cass-Clay
- 2021 Women UNITED Golf Scramble
- Hornbacher’s Gobble It Up for United Way
- Watch the Community Kickoff Event
- Roers Chili Feed – Get your Cup of Chili Sept 15-29
- Taking Action to Help Families in Need - How the Coronavirus Response Fund is Helping
- United Way moving Dec. 18
- Our New Location: What You Need to Know
- Reaching Out: A space to serve our region for generations.
- LIVE UNITED Awards & Annual Meeting on March 25 – Join the Virtual Watch Party
- United Way is on AmazonSmile - a percent of your purchase can help families locally
- Home for Good Baskets Provide Hope
- 35 Under 35 Women’s Leadership Program Celebration
- Choice Bank’s Commitment to Preventing Homelessness
- School Supply Drive - Donate
- School Supply Drive - Distribution
- Host Your Own Virtual Drive
- Unconscious Bias: Understanding Bias to Unleash Potential™ presented by Emerging Leaders
January 17, 2018
Here’s What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
Thank you for making an investment with United Way. You are helping change your world for GOOD, and you helped us make a lasting impact in Cass and Clay counties in 2017!
With every new year comes new and exciting things, but there’s one thing we can always count on: TAXES!
We are doing our part to give our donors what they need for tax season. Here are a couple of things to note:
1. Tax receipts will be mailed to our donors during the week of January 22.
2. Receipts will be mailed for all payments of $250 or more received during the 2017 calendar year.
If you made a payroll pledge in 2017, you will not be receiving a receipt from us. Instead, the IRS asks that you use a pay stub, W-2 or other document provided by your employer to substantiate your donation.
The IRS also requires a copy of your pledge form, either the paper form you filled out during your company’s campaign or an email confirmation of your pledge. If you can’t find your pledge form or email receipt, don’t worry! Reach out to our team, and we can send you a letter that meets the IRS requirements.
Remember: For this tax season, you are claiming the payroll pledge you made in 2016, because those payments were withheld throughout 2017. Your payroll pledge from the fall of 2017 will come out of your 2018 paychecks, so hold on to those pay stubs for next year’s taxes!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team at 701.237.5050, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help!
We couldn’t do what we do without you. Thank you for investing in United Way and helping us create lasting local change!Download Download Download