How We Help
- BOLD Goal 1: Reduce Hunger and Homelessness
- BOLD Goal 2: Prepare Children to Succeed
- BOLD Goal 3: Help People be Independent
- BOLD Goal 4: Lift People Out of Poverty
- Investment Strategy
- Get Involved
News & Events
- How We Help
- Get Involved
- News & Events
- Video Player
- Page Not Found
- Form - Final
- A Letter to United Way Supporters
- LIVE UNITED: BE THE ONE 2013 Campaign Kick-Off
- 2013 Women's Leadership Luncheon
- 2014 Day of Caring Volunteer Event & Thank You
- 2013 LIVE UNITED T-Shirt Day
- Welcome to Our New Website!
- Watch Roger Staubach's first United Way commercial and others from the last 40 years here
- USA WEEKEND Magazine sponsors Make A Difference Day
- See who sported their t's for 2013 LIVE UNITED Tshirt Day
- Black Friday. Cyber Monday. Giving Tuesday. LIVE UNITED Today!
- U.S. Bank Employees get "pie-d" for United Way to celebrate their outstanding campaign
- Announcing...Our 2014 United Way 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Participants
- United Way's new approach is intended to give donors a better picture of their return on investment
- It's not about CHARITY. It's about CHANGE.
- United Way teams up with Target to Share-A-Tree with families in need
- Blog Rss Feed
- 1 more step toward quality child care: North Dakota launches Bright & Early North Dakota statewide
- 2013 Campaign Announcement Media Event & Thank you Reception
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2013 Fredrick W. Donath Campaign Award
- We have achieved and exceeded our 2013 Campaign Goal of $5.2 million!
- It's tax time! What you need to know about preparing your tax return with your gift to United Way
- Congratulations to our 2013 BE THE ONE Award Winners!
- 2014 Annual Meeting and Celebration of ONE
- Did you miss the 2014 Annual Meeting and Celebration of ONE?
- The Power of Community Involvement
- United Way Celebrates National Volunteer Week
- Individualism or the Common Good? We need both.
- May 10 is the National Letter Carriers' Food Drive and YOU can help!
- Education That Works: Educational Leaders, the Economic Development Corporation, and United Way
- United Way Celebrates May Day by Celebrating Education
- Launching "Education that Works" for students, teachers and our future workforce
- United Way announces 2015-2016 investments in Community Partners providing Basic Needs
- $ 5 lunch on Thursday at all Hornbacher's locations! Gobble It Up for United Way
- A letter from our 2014 Board Chair, Mark Jensen-Thanks from the United Way
- 16th Annual School Supply Drive kicks off today-donation and volunteer info!
- REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER FOR SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE HERE
- You are invited to the 2014 United Way Kick Off Event on September 9 featuring Hugh Weber
- The 2014 Campaign Materials are ready for you! Check 'em out!
- YOUNG PEOPLE, UNITE! The NEW Emerging Leaders in Giving Program has launched
- Applications for the 2015 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program are now available
- Volunteer registration is now open for the 2014 Day of Caring
- Join nearly 700 women to support United Way's work in EDUCATION on Nov 6-EVENT IS SOLD OUT
- UNITED for Jefferson Neighborhood
- 23rd Annual Day of Caring
- 35 Under 35 Alumni come together for Women’s Build for Habitat for Humanity
- Want to Stay Active and Improve Your Health as You Grow Older? Volunteer!
- Want to Stay Active and Improve Your Health as You Grow Older? Volunteer!
- Want to see what lasting change looks like?
- Monte’s Downtown launches DINE UNITED in partnership with United Way
- West Acres - BOOtiful Night: Trick or Treating
- Watch videos of the 2014 Kick Off Event
- United Way of Cass-Clay collaborates to lead first-ever regional workforce study
- 2014 LIVE UNITED T-Shirt Day
- US Bank Reveals Campaign Total
- Giving THANKS to our Volunteers!
- Essentia employee gets a VIP limo ride to work as part of United Way Campaign
- Proudly announcing the 2015 participants of the United Way 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program
- United Way of Cass-Clay has officially reached the $3.5 million mark on our way to the 2014 campaign
- United Way Partners with Target to spread holiday cheer
- Apply to volunteer for 2015 Community Investment Review Panel
- Join us for Coffee and 2014 Campaign Results on Feb 6
- 5 Reasons to Celebrate Volunteer Mentors
- Join us for the 2015 Annual Meeting and Volunteer Awards Featuring Keynote Speaker Wes Moore
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2014 Frederick W. Donath Campaign Award
- Mission Gratitude: Mission Accepted
- The 2014 Annual Report to the Community has been officially released!
- United Way welcomes new board members in 2015
- Volunteers Meet to Launch 2015 Campaign Cabinet
- May 1st Brings 4th Annual May Day Baskets of Books!
- Local Organizations Receive National Recognition from United Way
- test page
- Regional Workforce Study Results Announced-United Way to Take Action to Address Workforce Challenges
- Millennials Move Mountains
- 2015 School Supply Drive - How to Donate & Receive Supplies
- 2015 School Supply Drive Equips 5,260 Students for the School Year
- YOUR IRA CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION WILL HELP IMPROVE LIVES IN OUR COMMUNITY.
- MISSION GRATITUDE: Congrats to our LIVE UNITED Award Nominees!
- Introducing the nominees of the NEW “LIVE UNITED Catalyst of the Year” Award
- United Way names Kristi Huber as President
- Now accepting nominations for the 2016 LIVE UNITED Leader of the Year Award
- United Way makes new investment to help West Fargo students access mental health services
- ALL VOLUNTEER SHIFTS FULL - 2017 School Supply Drive
- 2017 United Way Day of Caring Volunteer Event
- You won't want to miss our Kick Off Event on Sept 14
- Applications for 2018 United Way 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program available on September 1
- 17th Annual United Way Women United Luncheon & Silent Auction
- A Day in the Life: A Perspective on Poverty
- 8th Annual Roers/Keller Williams Chili Feed is Happening on Oct 3rd!
- Collaborative Investments Are Helping Rural Students Access Mental Health Services
- Generosity Is the Strength of Our Community
- LIVE UNITED T-Shirt Day & United Acts of Kindness on November 10th
- United Way Focuses on Investing to Help People Be Independent
- 800 Women UNITE to Help Give Kids the Very Best Start
- A Sign Is Worth A Thousand Words
- 2018 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Class Announced!
- Get Informed and then Advocate...Learn More About Poverty in Our Community
- Emerging Leaders Turn Inspiration Into Action
- Call All Volunteers: Join Our Community Investment Review Panel!
- News & Events
- Here's What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- And The Nominees Are.....
- How You Can be an Advocate for Student Mental Health in Your Community!
- Check out the 2017 United Way Annual Report to the Community!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2018 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Award Winners!
- How VITA is helping hard working tax payers receive more on their tax returns
- Register for the 2018 35 Under 35 Celebration Ceremony on June 7
- Employee Campaign Coordinators - Join us for ECC Engage on May 10 or 21
- A Lesson In Leadership
- United Way's 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Women UNITED Golf Scramble Registration to Open May 1 at 10am
- 7th Annual Women UNITED May Day Baskets of Books Event
- UNITED for Child Care Training Event Materials
- Gobble It Up Pre-Orders OPEN!
- Story Squad: Kid's Storytime with United Way
- 10th Annual Roers/Keller Williams Chili Feed for United Way
- Eggs & Issues: The State of Local Child Care & Its Impact on Workforce Development
- 20th Annual United Way School Supply Drive - ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- Join us for the 2018 United Way Kick Off Event!
- 2019 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Applications Now Available!
- 2018 Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction
- 35 Women With One Thing In Common, A Desire to Make A Difference: United Way's 35 Under 35 Program
- Are You Up for the (Social Media) Challenge!?
- 2019 United Way Kick Off Event
- 2018 LIVE UNITED T-shirt & UNITED Acts of Kindness Day
- 2018 Campaign Video: I Wish My Teacher Knew
- A Song to Say Thank You
- Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction Raffle WINNERS
- 2019 35 Under 35 Women’s Leadership Class Announced!
- UNITED for Student Mental Health - Mental Health Services Expanded to 6 Rural Schools in ND
- A Day in the Life: Perspective on Poverty
- 2019 Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- Nominate YOUR Organization for LIVE UNITED Leader of the Year!
- Join us to Recognize Generosity in Our Community!
- And The Nominees Are...
- Day of Caring Volunteer Event
- United Way of Cass-Clay: James' Story
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Awards Winners!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2019 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- 2019 United Way School Supply Drive
- Community Collaborations: United Way Receives Presidents' Award for Community Partner
- Inviting all ECC's to attend ECC Engage The Power of Community on May 7 & 8
- Women UNITE to Share a Love of Learning
- Help Encourage Kids to Succeed on Their First Day of School
- The Route to Removing Barriers for Employment - United Way Helps Expand Transportation Services
- Pre Order Info for Hornbacher's Gobble It Up for United Way $5 Lunch
- A Backpacks Impact: The United Way School Supply Drive
- Employee Campaign Coordinator (ECC) Training
- Will You Accept the Women UNITED Challenge?!
- 2019 LIVE UNITED Tshirt & UNITED Acts of Kindness Day
- Register now for the 2019 Kick Off Event on September 18
- Applications for the 2020 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program are now available
- Join us for the Perspective on Poverty Event on October 29
School Supply Drive
Each summer, United Way of Cass-Clay coordinates the School Supply Drive to equip thousands of local K-12 students with the backpacks and supplies they need to succeed in school. In 2018, 6,075 local K-12 students were equipped with a backpack and set of school supplies because of the generosity of this community! To learn more about the impact of last year’s event, please see our 2018 School Supply Drive impact statistics.
Are you a parent/guardian who was unable to attend the 2019 distribution events August 10 & 13 and are still in need of school supplies?
The 2019 School Supply Drive Distribution events have now concluded. United Way provides any additional backpacks and supplies directly to our local school districts. United Way does not have any backpacks or supplies at the United Way office or the FARGODOME. Contact your student's school and/or the school district where your child attends school to inquire about backpacks and supplies. Thank you!
THANK YOU TO OUR 2019 SPONSORS
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 United Way of Cass-Clay School Supply Drive! Registration for this event has reached capacity. If you would like to be placed on a waiting list to volunteer for the School Supply Drive, please email SchoolSupplyDrive@UnitedWayCassClay.org.
Check out more ways you can get involved in the 2019 United Way School Supply Drive below!
We encourage you to support the School Supply Drive by donating supplies yourself, running a mini school supply drive or filling out a Power of Community Card!
Download the printable Power of Community Cards PDF to hand write your note of encouragement or have your office fill them out and return them to United Way to be distributed in backpacks during the School Supply Drive!
*Please return any printed and handwritten cards to United Way by July 29.
View and download a School Supply Drive Shopping List: School Supplies Needed by Grade
Please take a moment to take inventory of the supplies collected and provide when dropping off your donations. Download the form HERE
Donation Drop Sites
Drop off your donations at any of the following locations starting July 9th!
- West Acres
- All FM Gate City Bank Locations
- All FM First International Bank & Trust Locations
- All FM Marvin Locations
Financial donations are the most efficient way to help the greatest number of local students! United Way can leverage your investment of $20 to equip 1 student with a backpack & basic set of school supplies.
Giving Opportunities and Their Impact:
- 1 STUDENT $20 investment
- 1 CLASSROOM (20 students) $400 investment
- 2 CLASSROOMS (40 students) $800 investment
- 5 CLASSROOMS (100 students) $2,000 investment
3 Ways to Give:
1. ONLINE: Give now online here
2. BY MAIL: Mail donations to United Way of Cass-Clay, PO Box 1609, Fargo, ND 58107-1609
3. IN PERSON: Drop off monetary donations at the United Way of Cass-Clay office located at: 219 7th Street South, Fargo (Office Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM and Friday, 8:00 AM-12:00 PM)
See how your donation made an impact on a local student over 20 years ago!
Download the How to Coordinate a Mini School Supply Drive at Your Workplace document to help you get started!
Step 2: Put out donation bins (any box or bin will do!) in your workplace or office.
Step 3: Encourage your co-workers and/or customers to donate by:
- Sending emails and text messages to your coworkers/customers
- Posting information on internal company websites or communication channels
- Starting a friendly competition
- Sharing some stats about how the School Supply Drive helps local students (View Stats Here)
- Sharing Irma’s Story (Watch Here)
Step 4: Organize and take inventory of the supplies collected (Inventory Sheet).
Step 5: Drop off your supplies at the FARGODOME no later than Thursday, August 1 by 4pm!
United Way of Cass-Clay will be distributing supplies on these dates in 2019:
Saturday, August 10, 2019
FARGODOME (1800 North University Drive, Fargo)
Tuesday, August 13, 2019
FARGODOME (1800 North University Drive, Fargo)
- Registration forms will be available at the door of the FARGODOME. Our volunteers can assist you in completing the registration form if you have any questions. Only one form is needed PER FAMILY. Please note that it is NOT necessary to print and complete the registration form beforehand. Download the registration form here
- These supplies are available for all students attending K-12 schools in Cass or Clay Counties during the 2019-2020 school year. The name of the school your child attends will be expected, please plan accordingly.
- Students and families receiving supplies must have a form of ID for each child. Acceptable forms of ID include a social security card, school ID, or report card listing the student’s name.
Are you a parent/guardian who was unable to attend the 2019 distribution events August 10 & 13 and are still in need of school supplies for the 2019-2020 school year?
The School Supply Drive Distribution events have now concluded. United Way provides any additional backpacks and supplies directly to our local school districts. United Way does not have any backpacks or supplies at the United Way office or the FARGODOME. Contact your student's school and/or the school district where your child attends school to inquire about backpacks and supplies. Thank you!
Do You Have Questions About The School Supply Drive?
- Click here to join the Facebook event and stay up to date on event details and supply needs
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at 701-237-5050