- How We Help
- Get Involved
News & Events
- How We Help
- Get Involved
- News & Events
- Page Not Found
- Form - Final
- Blog Rss Feed
- Here's What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- And The Nominees Are.....
- How You Can be an Advocate for Student Mental Health in Your Community!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2018 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Award Winners!
- How VITA is helping hard working tax payers receive more on their tax returns
- Register for the 2018 35 Under 35 Celebration Ceremony on June 7
- A Lesson In Leadership
- United Way's 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Celebrates 10 Years
- UNITED for Child Care Training Event Materials
- Gobble It Up Pre-Orders OPEN!
- Story Squad: Kid's Storytime with United Way
- Eggs & Issues: The State of Local Child Care & Its Impact on Workforce Development
- Join us for the 2018 United Way Kick Off Event!
- 2019 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Applications Now Available!
- 2018 Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction
- 35 Women With One Thing In Common, A Desire to Make A Difference: United Way's 35 Under 35 Program
- Are You Up for the (Social Media) Challenge!?
- 2018 LIVE UNITED T-shirt & UNITED Acts of Kindness Day
- 2018 Campaign Video: I Wish My Teacher Knew
- A Song to Say Thank You
- Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction Raffle WINNERS
- UNITED for Student Mental Health - Mental Health Services Expanded to 6 Rural Schools in ND
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- Nominate YOUR Organization for LIVE UNITED Leader of the Year!
- Join us to Recognize Generosity in Our Community!
- And The Nominees Are...
- United Way of Cass-Clay: James' Story
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Awards Winners!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2019 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Community Collaborations: United Way Receives Presidents' Award for Community Partner
- Women UNITE to Share a Love of Learning
- Help Encourage Kids to Succeed on Their First Day of School
- The Route to Removing Barriers for Employment - United Way Helps Expand Transportation Services
- Pre Order Info for Hornbacher's Gobble It Up for United Way $5 Lunch
- A Backpacks Impact: The United Way School Supply Drive
- Will You Accept the Women UNITED Challenge?!
- Register now for the 2019 Kick Off Event on September 18
- Home For Good: Give Now to Help Welcome Families Home - For Good.
- Community Kickoff Event
- Location Unveiled for the Future Home of United Way of Cass-Clay
- 2021 Women UNITED Golf Scramble
- Hornbacher’s Gobble It Up for United Way
- Watch the Community Kickoff Event
- Roers Chili Feed – Get your Cup of Chili Sept 15-29
- Taking Action to Help Families in Need - How the Coronavirus Response Fund is Helping
- United Way moving Dec. 18
- Our New Location: What You Need to Know
- Reaching Out: A space to serve our region for generations.
- LIVE UNITED Awards & Annual Meeting on March 25 – Join the Virtual Watch Party
- United Way is on AmazonSmile - a percent of your purchase can help families locally
- Home for Good Baskets Provide Hope
- 35 Under 35 Women’s Leadership Program Celebration
- Choice Bank’s Commitment to Preventing Homelessness
- School Supply Drive - Donate
- School Supply Drive - Distribution
- Host Your Own Virtual Drive
- Unconscious Bias: Understanding Bias to Unleash Potential™ presented by Emerging Leaders
School Supply Drive
Do you believe students deserve to have the school supplies they need on the first day of school? At United Way, we believe students deserve to feel confident and prepared when they walk through the doors on their first day of school.
United Way invites you to join us for the School Supply Drive this year and achieve our goal of helping over 6,000 local K-12 students go back to school with a backpack so they can feel confident and successful on that first day of school, and beyond.
In 2020, 6,040 local students were equipped with a backpack and set of school supplies during a tougher than normal school year thanks to the generosity of our community!
Financial donations are the most efficient way to help the greatest number of local students! United Way can leverage your investment of $20 to equip 1 student with a backpack and basic set of school supplies.
Students are working hard to rebound from one of the most challenging school years in recent history. Distance learning and only virtual access to their educators has caused many students to struggle. At United Way, our goal is to help students be successful in school. Backpacks and school supplies are one way we can help. However, this year our goals go beyond 6,000 backpacks.
Additional dollars raised will help provide:
- Mental health services on-site at school for students to get the support they need
- Access to pre-k programs and quality, affordable child care so children in need can start kindergarten socially, emotionally and academically prepared
- Food for students so they’re not hungry on the weekends when school lunch isn’t available
When you give to the United Way School Supply Drive, you’re supporting all of the ways United Way helps meet the basic needs of our local students and their families and empowers them to be successful in school and in life.
Giving Opportunities and Their Impact:
• $20 to help 1 student
• $60 to help a family of 3 students
• $100 to help 5 students
• $250 to help 12 elementary students
• $400 to help a classroom of 20 students
Ways to Give:
- By mail: Mail donations to United Way of Cass-Clay, PO Box 1609, Fargo, ND 58107-1609
- In person: Drop off monetary donations at the United Way of Cass-Clay office located at 4351 23rd Ave. S, Fargo. Our office hours are Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.-noon.
Every child deserves confidence on the first day of school. A backpack and school supplies is part of making that possible. And you can help. By creating your own, free webpage, you are easily track, promote and collect school supplies with everyone staying in the comfort and safety of their own home.
What it is:
By hosting your own virtual school supply drive powered by Roonga, you can easily rally your coworkers, friends, family, book club or even your neighborhood to help our community's kids. Skip the donation bins, in-person shopping, and collecting and delivering supplies - do it online with your own webpage. It has never been easier to be a part of achieving this year's goal of helping 6,000 local kids with backpacks full of supplies.
How it works:
Set a goal, a timeframe, and get your own webpage you can share and invite people to donate to help reach your goal. When your drive is done, the school supplies will be shipped directly to United Way to get into the hands of kids in need.
How to set up your own virtual school supply drive:
- Step 1. Click Here: Browse through the school supplies needed, then select “Launch New Drive” to either sign in to a previous account of register for a free account.
- Step 2. Register for a free account: In the “Sponsor/Company Name” field enter the name of you group – this can be your company name or the title of your group.
- Step 3. Choose a name: Now that you’re logged in, click “Launch New Drive” and choose a Drive Name, Team Name, and create your URL for your webpage.
- Step 4. Set a goal: You can set a goal based on dollars, number of items, or select quantities of certain school supplies you’d like your group to provide. Choose what you think will best motivate your team! Don’t worry – at any point you can go back in and update goals if your team knocks it out of the park quickly.
- Step 5. Set a deadline: Choose an end date for your virtual drive. You can choose a date that works best for your group, but we’ll need all virtual drives to be complete by July 9.
- Step 6. Share: Share the link with those who you’d like to invite to participate. Note that individuals will need to create a free account or log in using last year’s account information.
- Step 7. Have fun!: Challenge your group by providing fun updates on progress and thank individuals who gave along the way to inspire others to participate.
Tips on setting a goal:
· If you’re a medium to large company that has an engaged and generous team, challenge your team to hit the goal of $1,000 or 1,000 items.
· If you’re a company with a smaller team or a neighborhood group, try starting your goal at $500 or 500 items.
· Remember, the coordinator can always update the goal if you hit your goal early.
· While driving towards goals is always motivating, any amount is impactful to the overall drive, so a high dollar amount or a large number of items isn’t a must! If you have a smaller team, are a book club, or friend group, any and all donations help get us closer to the goal of helping 6,000 students – we need and appreciate every single donation. Together, we’ll reach the goal!
Get rewarded for reaching your goal:
Virtual drives that surpass their goal will be entered into a drawing to receive five volunteer spots at our School Supply Drive! Drawing will take place on July 12 and United Way will reach out to your drive coordinator to let them know if you won.
If you have any questions along the way, our team is ready to help! Email Erica at email@example.com or call 701-237-5050 to connect with our team.
Drop off donations of new backpacks and school supplies at any of these locations July 9-23.
- All First International Bank & Trust locations
- All Gate City Bank locations
- Renee Forde State Farm
- West Acres
- SCHEELS Arena
*Donations can be dropped off 8 a.m.-3 p.m. at these 3 Marvin locations:
Marvin - West Fargo South (1320 9th Street NE, West Fargo)
Marvin - West Fargo North (1512 9th Street NE, West Fargo)
Marvin - Fargo (1616 43rd Street North, Fargo)
Deadline to donate backpacks and supplies is Friday, July 23, at 3 p.m; please drop off donations at the SCHEELS Arena.
For a list of needed supplies, click here.
- School Supply Drive Poster – Donate
- School Supply Drive Poster – How to Receive School Supplies
- How to Run a Mini Drive
- Needed School Supplies List
- Drop Donation Here Poster
- Donation Inventory Form
- Registration Form in English
- Registration Form in Arabic
- Registration Form in Kurdish
- Registration Form in Nepali
- Registration Form in Somali
- Registration Form in Spanish
Join us at the SCHEELS Arena located at 5225 31st Ave. S, Fargo. Families in need can attend one of these distribution events to receive a backpack and school supplies.
Dates and Times:
Monday, August 2; 4:30-6 p.m.
Tuesday, August 3; 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wednesday, August 4; 4:30- 6 p.m.
Thursday, August 5; 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
SCHEELS Arena (5225 31st Ave S, Fargo)
• Backpacks and school supplies are available for K-12 students in need who attend school in Cass or Clay counties.
• Event will be a drive-thru format at the SCHEELS Arena.
• For safety, everyone will be required to wear a mask.
• Families will be asked to complete a registration form – forms will be available when you arrive.
• Please bring a form of ID for each child who will be receiving school supplies, such as a social security card, passport, school ID, insurance card or report card.
• Families who are unable to attend the distribution events should contact their school district as each school will receive a limited supply of backpacks for these circumstances.
Do You Have Questions About The School Supply Drive?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 701-237-5050