- How We Help
- Get Involved
News & Events
- How We Help
- Get Involved
- News & Events
- Page Not Found
- Form - Final
- Blog Rss Feed
- Here's What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- And The Nominees Are.....
- How You Can be an Advocate for Student Mental Health in Your Community!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2018 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Award Winners!
- How VITA is helping hard working tax payers receive more on their tax returns
- Register for the 2018 35 Under 35 Celebration Ceremony on June 7
- A Lesson In Leadership
- United Way's 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Celebrates 10 Years
- UNITED for Child Care Training Event Materials
- Gobble It Up Pre-Orders OPEN!
- Story Squad: Kid's Storytime with United Way
- Eggs & Issues: The State of Local Child Care & Its Impact on Workforce Development
- Join us for the 2018 United Way Kick Off Event!
- 2019 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Applications Now Available!
- 2018 Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction
- 35 Women With One Thing In Common, A Desire to Make A Difference: United Way's 35 Under 35 Program
- Are You Up for the (Social Media) Challenge!?
- 2018 LIVE UNITED T-shirt & UNITED Acts of Kindness Day
- 2018 Campaign Video: I Wish My Teacher Knew
- A Song to Say Thank You
- Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction Raffle WINNERS
- UNITED for Student Mental Health - Mental Health Services Expanded to 6 Rural Schools in ND
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- Nominate YOUR Organization for LIVE UNITED Leader of the Year!
- Join us to Recognize Generosity in Our Community!
- And The Nominees Are...
- United Way of Cass-Clay: James' Story
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Awards Winners!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2019 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Community Collaborations: United Way Receives Presidents' Award for Community Partner
- Women UNITE to Share a Love of Learning
- Help Encourage Kids to Succeed on Their First Day of School
- The Route to Removing Barriers for Employment - United Way Helps Expand Transportation Services
- Pre Order Info for Hornbacher's Gobble It Up for United Way $5 Lunch
- A Backpacks Impact: The United Way School Supply Drive
- Will You Accept the Women UNITED Challenge?!
- Register now for the 2019 Kick Off Event on September 18
- Home For Good: Give Now to Help Welcome Families Home - For Good.
- Community Kickoff Event
- Location Unveiled for the Future Home of United Way of Cass-Clay
- 2021 Women UNITED Golf Scramble
- Hornbacher’s Gobble It Up for United Way
- Watch the Community Kickoff Event
- Roers Chili Feed – Get your Cup of Chili Sept 15-29
- Taking Action to Help Families in Need - How the Coronavirus Response Fund is Helping
- United Way moving Dec. 18
- Our New Location: What You Need to Know
- Reaching Out: A space to serve our region for generations.
- LIVE UNITED Awards & Annual Meeting on March 25 – Join the Virtual Watch Party
- United Way is on AmazonSmile - a percent of your purchase can help families locally
- Home for Good Baskets Provide Hope
- 35 Under 35 Women’s Leadership Program Celebration
- Choice Bank’s Commitment to Preventing Homelessness
- School Supply Drive - Donate
- School Supply Drive - Distribution
- Host Your Own Virtual Drive
- Unconscious Bias: Understanding Bias to Unleash Potential™ presented by Emerging Leaders
April 29, 2021
Choice Bank’s Commitment to Preventing Homelessness
Choice Bank has a passion for putting people first. It’s at the heart of everything they do. Their generous employees are committed to bettering the communities they serve. It’s one of their core values that is lived out every day and demonstrated by their tremendous commitment to United Way.
When it comes to enhancing the quality of life and economic viability of families in our community, Choice Bank is taking action by making a generous investment of $25,000 annually for three years to support United Way’s work preventing children and families from becoming homeless. Their gift will ensure families experiencing a housing crisis receive the right help at the right time by providing Housing Stability Specialists to help those at risk of becoming homeless.
Their continued, significant investment will result in fewer children in our community having to experience the trauma of not knowing where they will sleep. Because of Choice Bank, more children in our community will never have the memory of being homeless. Their generosity is helping make this a reality for our community.
Choice Bank’s commitment to United Way is helping mothers like Michelle and her daughter Olivia. Imagine having a child born with a congenital heart defect in need of life-saving surgery within their first year of life. Now imagine facing surgery and recovery while homeless.
That is exactly the experience of Michelle and Olivia, who live in our community. After trying to escape an unhealthy relationship, Michelle and her daughter Olivia were homeless and living in their car when Olivia needed surgery to repair her heart. Recovery for Olivia was stressful, difficult, and risky, even more so without a place to call home.
When families experiencing homelessness have a health crisis, it becomes even more challenging to heal and regain their health. Thanks to local businesses like Choice Bank, United Way can help families like Michelle’s during their time of need and prevent them from becoming homeless.
“Through our people first philosophy, Choice Bank continually works to find ways to invest in our communities to better the places we live. United Way’s work to prevent homelessness is important and inspiring to our company and our employees, and we know our investment will help local families and children to live a better life,” said Jay Lies, Choice Bank Fargo Area Market President.
Taking their “People First” philosophy beyond the bank, Choice Bank and its employees dedicate much of their time to volunteering within their communities.
Choice Bank, a division of Choice Financial Group, was also recently named to the list of United Way’s Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces.
Learn more about how United Way is preventing homelessness for children and families.
For more information or to get involved please reach out to our team at email@example.com or 701-237-5050.Download Download Download