- How We Help
- Get Involved
News & Events
- How We Help
- Get Involved
- News & Events
- Video Player
- Page Not Found
- Form - Final
- A Letter to United Way Supporters
- LIVE UNITED: BE THE ONE 2013 Campaign Kick-Off
- 2013 Women's Leadership Luncheon
- 2014 Day of Caring Volunteer Event & Thank You
- 2013 LIVE UNITED T-Shirt Day
- Welcome to Our New Website!
- Watch Roger Staubach's first United Way commercial and others from the last 40 years here
- USA WEEKEND Magazine sponsors Make A Difference Day
- See who sported their t's for 2013 LIVE UNITED Tshirt Day
- Black Friday. Cyber Monday. Giving Tuesday. LIVE UNITED Today!
- U.S. Bank Employees get "pie-d" for United Way to celebrate their outstanding campaign
- Announcing...Our 2014 United Way 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Participants
- United Way's new approach is intended to give donors a better picture of their return on investment
- It's not about CHARITY. It's about CHANGE.
- United Way teams up with Target to Share-A-Tree with families in need
- Blog Rss Feed
- 1 more step toward quality child care: North Dakota launches Bright & Early North Dakota statewide
- 2013 Campaign Announcement Media Event & Thank you Reception
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2013 Fredrick W. Donath Campaign Award
- We have achieved and exceeded our 2013 Campaign Goal of $5.2 million!
- It's tax time! What you need to know about preparing your tax return with your gift to United Way
- United Way of Cass-Clay 2013 Report to the Community Now Available
- Congratulations to our 2013 BE THE ONE Award Winners!
- 2014 Annual Meeting and Celebration of ONE
- Did you miss the 2014 Annual Meeting and Celebration of ONE?
- The Power of Community Involvement
- United Way Celebrates National Volunteer Week
- Individualism or the Common Good? We need both.
- May 10 is the National Letter Carriers' Food Drive and YOU can help!
- Education That Works: Educational Leaders, the Economic Development Corporation, and United Way
- United Way Celebrates May Day by Celebrating Education
- Launching "Education that Works" for students, teachers and our future workforce
- United Way announces 2015-2016 investments in Community Partners providing Basic Needs
- $ 5 lunch on Thursday at all Hornbacher's locations! Gobble It Up for United Way
- A letter from our 2014 Board Chair, Mark Jensen-Thanks from the United Way
- 16th Annual School Supply Drive kicks off today-donation and volunteer info!
- REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER FOR SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE HERE
- You are invited to the 2014 United Way Kick Off Event on September 9 featuring Hugh Weber
- The 2014 Campaign Materials are ready for you! Check 'em out!
- YOUNG PEOPLE, UNITE! The NEW Emerging Leaders in Giving Program has launched
- Applications for the 2015 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program are now available
- Volunteer registration is now open for the 2014 Day of Caring
- Join nearly 700 women to support United Way's work in EDUCATION on Nov 6-EVENT IS SOLD OUT
- UNITED for Jefferson Neighborhood
- 23rd Annual Day of Caring
- 35 Under 35 Alumni come together for Women’s Build for Habitat for Humanity
- Want to Stay Active and Improve Your Health as You Grow Older? Volunteer!
- Want to Stay Active and Improve Your Health as You Grow Older? Volunteer!
- Want to see what lasting change looks like?
- Monte’s Downtown launches DINE UNITED in partnership with United Way
- West Acres - BOOtiful Night: Trick or Treating
- Watch videos of the 2014 Kick Off Event
- United Way of Cass-Clay collaborates to lead first-ever regional workforce study
- 2014 LIVE UNITED T-Shirt Day
- US Bank Reveals Campaign Total
- Giving THANKS to our Volunteers!
- Essentia employee gets a VIP limo ride to work as part of United Way Campaign
- Proudly announcing the 2015 participants of the United Way 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program
- United Way of Cass-Clay has officially reached the $3.5 million mark on our way to the 2014 campaign
- United Way Partners with Target to spread holiday cheer
- Apply to volunteer for 2015 Community Investment Review Panel
- Join us for Coffee and 2014 Campaign Results on Feb 6
- 5 Reasons to Celebrate Volunteer Mentors
- How to Make Your New Year’s Resolution Mean Something—Advice from Maya Moore
- Join us for the 2015 Annual Meeting and Volunteer Awards Featuring Keynote Speaker Wes Moore
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2014 Frederick W. Donath Campaign Award
- Mission Gratitude: Mission Accepted
- The 2014 Annual Report to the Community has been officially released!
- United Way welcomes new board members in 2015
- Volunteers Meet to Launch 2015 Campaign Cabinet
- May 1st Brings 4th Annual May Day Baskets of Books!
- Local Organizations Receive National Recognition from United Way
- test page
- Regional Workforce Study Results Announced-United Way to Take Action to Address Workforce Challenges
- Millennials Move Mountains
- 2015 School Supply Drive - How to Donate & Receive Supplies
- 2015 School Supply Drive Equips 5,260 Students for the School Year
- YOUR IRA CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION WILL HELP IMPROVE LIVES IN OUR COMMUNITY.
- MISSION GRATITUDE: Congrats to our LIVE UNITED Award Nominees!
- Introducing the nominees of the NEW “LIVE UNITED Catalyst of the Year” Award
- United Way names Kristi Huber as President
- Now accepting nominations for the 2016 LIVE UNITED Leader of the Year Award
- United Way makes new investment to help West Fargo students access mental health services
- ALL VOLUNTEER SHIFTS FULL - 2017 School Supply Drive
- 2017 United Way Day of Caring Volunteer Event
- You won't want to miss our Kick Off Event on Sept 14
- Applications for 2018 United Way 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program available on September 1
- MORNING SESSION: A Day In The Life - Poverty Simulation Volunteer Event
- AFTERNOON SESSION: A Day In The Life - Poverty Simulation Volunteer Event
- 17th Annual United Way Women United Luncheon & Silent Auction
- A Day in the Life: A Perspective on Poverty
- 8th Annual Roers/Keller Williams Chili Feed is Happening on Oct 3rd!
- Collaborative Investments Are Helping Rural Students Access Mental Health Services
- Generosity Is the Strength of Our Community
- LIVE UNITED T-Shirt Day & United Acts of Kindness on November 10th
- United Way Focuses on Investing to Help People Be Independent
- 2018 Women United Golf Scramble
- 800 Women UNITE to Help Give Kids the Very Best Start
- A Sign Is Worth A Thousand Words
- 2018 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Class Announced!
- Get Informed and then Advocate...Learn More About Poverty in Our Community
- Emerging Leaders Turn Inspiration Into Action
Black Friday. Cyber Monday. Giving Tuesday. LIVE UNITED Today!
Black Friday…Cyber Monday…for many people that means buying gifts for people they love and saving some money, too! But what if you could take the money you saved and invest it to make your local community better and help people in need? That’s what #GivingTuesday is all about! LIVE UNITED and give today online. It's easy. It's quick. And your gift is more than that. It's an investment in your local community. When you help people in need, when you change just one life, our entire community is better. Our future is brighter. That's what it means to LIVE UNITED.
Today, on Tuesday, December 3, 2013, we invite you to join the second annual #GivingTuesday, an opportunity for all of us to come together and redefine what it really means "to give." This year, LIVE UNITED and be “#unselfie” and give to United Way of Cass-Clay on #GivingTuesday! You can give quickly, easily and conveniently online right here on our new website!
What is #GivingTuesday?
#GivingTuesday is more than a national day of giving; it's a growing movement of nearly 7,000 partners that includes nonprofits, private companies, youth, parents and other members of the community who are committed to making a difference. On this day, you will have the opportunity to write a check to a worthy cause if you so wish, but you can also give your time, your voice, your talents and your expertise. This day is also an opportunity to redefine giving as much more than an act of short-term charity for a few; when you give, you can become an essential part of long-term solutions that benefit everyone.
United Way of Cass-Clay and the local organizations that are our Community Partners, focus on Education, Income Stability, Heath and Basic Needs like food, shelter and safety because these are the building blocks for a better quality life and a stronger community.
Stacey D. Stewart, the U.S. President of United Way Worldwide, shared her comments about how we can live every day like it’s #Giving Tuesday. You can read her full article here.
"This notion of mutual interdependence is particularly obvious to young people because they are the first generation to grow up in such a globalized world. The forces of globalization - social media chief among them -- are plugging us in, bringing us all a little closer and providing tools that instantly connect us to information, ideas and each other.Thomas Friedman, Pulitzer Prize-winning author and columnist, has said that globalization is creating "super-empowered individuals." We are focused on "Super-Empowered Communities," comprised of people and organizations creating positive change that builds opportunity for all.
We firmly believe that the best is yet to come. We encourage you to be a part of a shared vision for a better future. We invite you to give, to advocate, to volunteer. That's what it means to LIVE UNITED, and that's the broader definition of giving at the heart of #GivingTuesday. This can be about more than one day, or even about more than an annual holiday tradition of philanthropy. This can be the beginning of an ongoing commitment - a watershed moment in which each of us reexamines the role we play in lifting up our communities."
So, will you give on #GivingTuesday? Locally, our United Way here in Fargo is investing in the lives of people right here in Cass & Clay Counties.
Did you know that 1 in 8 people here in our two-county area live in poverty? That’s about 28,000 local people…and about 6,000 are children. Wow. When you invest in United Way of Cass-Clay, you’re investing in help and solutions for people in need and planning for the future. We know that to break the cycle of poverty, we must invest resources in Education. If we can prepare our children, young people, and students for success, we know we can break the cycle of poverty and give everyone the opportunities they need to succeed.
LIVE UNITED. Give today. Thank you for making this important investment in your community.Download Download Download