How We Help
- BOLD Goal 1: Reduce Hunger and Homelessness
- BOLD Goal 2: Prepare Children to Succeed
- BOLD Goal 3: Help People be Independent
- BOLD Goal 4: Lift People Out of Poverty
- Investment Strategy
- Get Involved
News & Events
- How We Help
- Get Involved
- News & Events
- Video Player
- Page Not Found
- Form - Final
- A Letter to United Way Supporters
- LIVE UNITED: BE THE ONE 2013 Campaign Kick-Off
- 2013 Women's Leadership Luncheon
- 2014 Day of Caring Volunteer Event & Thank You
- 2013 LIVE UNITED T-Shirt Day
- Welcome to Our New Website!
- Watch Roger Staubach's first United Way commercial and others from the last 40 years here
- USA WEEKEND Magazine sponsors Make A Difference Day
- See who sported their t's for 2013 LIVE UNITED Tshirt Day
- Black Friday. Cyber Monday. Giving Tuesday. LIVE UNITED Today!
- U.S. Bank Employees get "pie-d" for United Way to celebrate their outstanding campaign
- Announcing...Our 2014 United Way 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Participants
- United Way's new approach is intended to give donors a better picture of their return on investment
- It's not about CHARITY. It's about CHANGE.
- United Way teams up with Target to Share-A-Tree with families in need
- Blog Rss Feed
- 1 more step toward quality child care: North Dakota launches Bright & Early North Dakota statewide
- 2013 Campaign Announcement Media Event & Thank you Reception
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2013 Fredrick W. Donath Campaign Award
- We have achieved and exceeded our 2013 Campaign Goal of $5.2 million!
- It's tax time! What you need to know about preparing your tax return with your gift to United Way
- Congratulations to our 2013 BE THE ONE Award Winners!
- 2014 Annual Meeting and Celebration of ONE
- Did you miss the 2014 Annual Meeting and Celebration of ONE?
- The Power of Community Involvement
- United Way Celebrates National Volunteer Week
- Individualism or the Common Good? We need both.
- May 10 is the National Letter Carriers' Food Drive and YOU can help!
- Education That Works: Educational Leaders, the Economic Development Corporation, and United Way
- United Way Celebrates May Day by Celebrating Education
- Launching "Education that Works" for students, teachers and our future workforce
- United Way announces 2015-2016 investments in Community Partners providing Basic Needs
- $ 5 lunch on Thursday at all Hornbacher's locations! Gobble It Up for United Way
- A letter from our 2014 Board Chair, Mark Jensen-Thanks from the United Way
- 16th Annual School Supply Drive kicks off today-donation and volunteer info!
- REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER FOR SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE HERE
- You are invited to the 2014 United Way Kick Off Event on September 9 featuring Hugh Weber
- The 2014 Campaign Materials are ready for you! Check 'em out!
- YOUNG PEOPLE, UNITE! The NEW Emerging Leaders in Giving Program has launched
- Applications for the 2015 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program are now available
- Volunteer registration is now open for the 2014 Day of Caring
- Join nearly 700 women to support United Way's work in EDUCATION on Nov 6-EVENT IS SOLD OUT
- UNITED for Jefferson Neighborhood
- 23rd Annual Day of Caring
- 35 Under 35 Alumni come together for Women’s Build for Habitat for Humanity
- Want to Stay Active and Improve Your Health as You Grow Older? Volunteer!
- Want to Stay Active and Improve Your Health as You Grow Older? Volunteer!
- Want to see what lasting change looks like?
- Monte’s Downtown launches DINE UNITED in partnership with United Way
- West Acres - BOOtiful Night: Trick or Treating
- Watch videos of the 2014 Kick Off Event
- United Way of Cass-Clay collaborates to lead first-ever regional workforce study
- 2014 LIVE UNITED T-Shirt Day
- US Bank Reveals Campaign Total
- Giving THANKS to our Volunteers!
- Essentia employee gets a VIP limo ride to work as part of United Way Campaign
- Proudly announcing the 2015 participants of the United Way 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program
- United Way of Cass-Clay has officially reached the $3.5 million mark on our way to the 2014 campaign
- United Way Partners with Target to spread holiday cheer
- Join us for Coffee and 2014 Campaign Results on Feb 6
- 5 Reasons to Celebrate Volunteer Mentors
- Join us for the 2015 Annual Meeting and Volunteer Awards Featuring Keynote Speaker Wes Moore
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2014 Frederick W. Donath Campaign Award
- Mission Gratitude: Mission Accepted
- The 2014 Annual Report to the Community has been officially released!
- United Way welcomes new board members in 2015
- Volunteers Meet to Launch 2015 Campaign Cabinet
- May 1st Brings 4th Annual May Day Baskets of Books!
- Local Organizations Receive National Recognition from United Way
- test page
- Regional Workforce Study Results Announced-United Way to Take Action to Address Workforce Challenges
- Millennials Move Mountains
- 2015 School Supply Drive - How to Donate & Receive Supplies
- 2015 School Supply Drive Equips 5,260 Students for the School Year
- YOUR IRA CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION WILL HELP IMPROVE LIVES IN OUR COMMUNITY.
- MISSION GRATITUDE: Congrats to our LIVE UNITED Award Nominees!
- Introducing the nominees of the NEW “LIVE UNITED Catalyst of the Year” Award
- United Way names Kristi Huber as President
- Now accepting nominations for the 2016 LIVE UNITED Leader of the Year Award
- United Way makes new investment to help West Fargo students access mental health services
- ALL VOLUNTEER SHIFTS FULL - 2017 School Supply Drive
- 2017 United Way Day of Caring Volunteer Event
- You won't want to miss our Kick Off Event on Sept 14
- Applications for 2018 United Way 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program available on September 1
- 17th Annual United Way Women United Luncheon & Silent Auction
- A Day in the Life: A Perspective on Poverty
- 8th Annual Roers/Keller Williams Chili Feed is Happening on Oct 3rd!
- Collaborative Investments Are Helping Rural Students Access Mental Health Services
- Generosity Is the Strength of Our Community
- LIVE UNITED T-Shirt Day & United Acts of Kindness on November 10th
- United Way Focuses on Investing to Help People Be Independent
- 800 Women UNITE to Help Give Kids the Very Best Start
- A Sign Is Worth A Thousand Words
- 2018 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Class Announced!
- Get Informed and then Advocate...Learn More About Poverty in Our Community
- Emerging Leaders Turn Inspiration Into Action
- Call All Volunteers: Join Our Community Investment Review Panel!
- News & Events
- Here's What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- And The Nominees Are.....
- How You Can be an Advocate for Student Mental Health in Your Community!
- Check out the 2017 United Way Annual Report to the Community!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2018 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Award Winners!
- How VITA is helping hard working tax payers receive more on their tax returns
- Register for the 2018 35 Under 35 Celebration Ceremony on June 7
- Employee Campaign Coordinators - Join us for ECC Engage on May 10 or 21
- A Lesson In Leadership
- United Way's 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Women UNITED Golf Scramble Registration to Open May 1 at 10am
- 7th Annual Women UNITED May Day Baskets of Books Event
- UNITED for Child Care Training Event Materials
- Gobble It Up Pre-Orders OPEN!
- Story Squad: Kid's Storytime with United Way
- Eggs & Issues: The State of Local Child Care & Its Impact on Workforce Development
- 20th Annual United Way School Supply Drive - ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- Join us for the 2018 United Way Kick Off Event!
- 2019 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Applications Now Available!
- 2018 Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction
- 35 Women With One Thing In Common, A Desire to Make A Difference: United Way's 35 Under 35 Program
- Are You Up for the (Social Media) Challenge!?
- 2018 LIVE UNITED T-shirt & UNITED Acts of Kindness Day
- 2018 Campaign Video: I Wish My Teacher Knew
- A Song to Say Thank You
- Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction Raffle WINNERS
- UNITED for Student Mental Health - Mental Health Services Expanded to 6 Rural Schools in ND
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- Nominate YOUR Organization for LIVE UNITED Leader of the Year!
- Join us to Recognize Generosity in Our Community!
- And The Nominees Are...
- United Way of Cass-Clay: James' Story
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Awards Winners!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2019 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Community Collaborations: United Way Receives Presidents' Award for Community Partner
- Inviting all ECC's to attend ECC Engage The Power of Community on May 7 & 8
- Women UNITE to Share a Love of Learning
- Help Encourage Kids to Succeed on Their First Day of School
- The Route to Removing Barriers for Employment - United Way Helps Expand Transportation Services
- Pre Order Info for Hornbacher's Gobble It Up for United Way $5 Lunch
- A Backpacks Impact: The United Way School Supply Drive
- Will You Accept the Women UNITED Challenge?!
- Register now for the 2019 Kick Off Event on September 18
- LIVE UNITED Awards & Annual Meeting Event
- Emerging Leaders Civic Engagement Lunch & Learn: A State and Local Leader Panel
March 24, 2016
United Way thanks investors at Annual Meeting
Concorde General Agency, Inc. won the LIVE UNITED Leader Award in front of more than 720 representatives of Cass and Clay County companies and nonprofits that were in attendance at the United Way Annual Meeting and LIVE UNITED Awards at the Ramada Plaza and Suites on March 24th.
It was announced that our goal had been met and that $5.65 million was raised during this campaign. Now, the work will be invested into our focus areas of Education, Health, Income Stability, and Basic Needs. That goal would have not been met without all of our investors. So today, we honored and recognized some of the successful campaigns across the area.
Concorde General Agency, Inc won the top award — in part for their energetic and engaged committee that offered creative ways to get employees involved with an entire WEEK of activities: including a tie cutting contest, penny drive, silent auction, tricycle racing, mini golf and MORE! The leadership at Concorde General Agency has a strong belief in philanthropy and have made this part of their companies guiding principles.
Other notable award winners included:
The Outstanding Leaders in Giving Award was given to Wanzek Construction. A Leader In Giving is someone that makes an investment of $600 or more annually to United Way.
The LIVE UNITED Catalyst awards went to Chelsea Monda from Sundog and Carrie Carney from Eventide Senior Living Communities. After their experience with 35 Under 35 they joined forces to design and create a small group discussion program open to the public, called PUSH, which stands for pursue dreams, unite women, shatter barriers and have heart. The program brings women together to gain support in achieving goals. They both have attributed what they gained from the 35 Under 35 Program as a catalyst for creating and launching this local program that has taken off in our community.
Here is a full list of award winners:
LIVE UNITED Leader of the Year
Concorde General Agency, Inc.
Outstanding Employee Engagement Award
Dani Krolek, Chelsea Monda, Bobbian Froemke & Team, Sundog
Amanda Begin, Melissa Hanson, Karmen Giesen & Team, Wanzek Construction, Inc.
Stacy Devig, Jessica Cruz and Sadie Reiniger & Team, Blue Cross Blue Shield of ND
Outstanding Campaign Cabinet Volunteer
Charley Johnson, FM Convention & Visitors Bureau
Youth LIVING UNITED Award
Maria Slette – Sreejon Lala School Supply Drive Volunteer Activity
Leaders in Giving Award
Wanzek Construction, Inc.
Most Creative Campaign Award
Sue Kugler, Kimberly Busch, Nicole Ellis & Team, TMI Hospitality
Oh Snap! LIVE UNITED Photo
Gate City Bank
LIVE UNITED Catalyst Award
Chelsea Monda, Sundog / Carrie Carney, Eventide Senior Living Communities
Download Download Download